Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Charity Quilt # 2... June 12,2011

I created this quilt as part of the CMQG Robert Kaufman KONA Solid Charm Pack Challenge.  To me summer represents a break in the patterns that rule the rest of the year.  The colors in and of themselves were "Summery" in my opinion.
I will be donating this quilt to Bama Bound Quilts who is distributing the quilts to victims of April Tornadoes.  If anyone knows of an organization giving out quilts in Joplin, I'll donate one or two there as well.
So, Here it is, "Broken Patterns of Summer"















4 comments:

  1. Nice strong lines. I like it. Haven't heard of anyone collecting for Joplin. Good luck. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a look here for a link to Joplin

    http://www.patchworktimes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love the symbolism of the "Broken Patterns" design. The fabric you used for the sashing and backing is cool - it gives it nice texture.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and welcome feedback of every kind. I read and try to respond to every comment.

Unfortunately, there are yahoos out there who make it cumbersome to allow anonymous comments. Every time I have tried to open up my blog to anonymous comments I get SPAM entries and once it starts, I start receiving 1 or 2 per hour within only a few days.

So, if you want to comment, please use Google ID or OpenID, or WindowsID, all are free.... OR send me an email and I will post your comment myself.

Thanks for leaving a comment!!
Paul