Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back To School...

Well, it's that time of the year again... Back To School.  This past Sunday at church Pastor asked everyone who is going back to school to stand and come to the front of the church so he could pray over everyone.

3 of my 4 kids were with me and as pastor called up "Middle Shoolers, High Schoolers", they got up and headed to the front as pastor continued, "We have some starting college, and some returning, and we have two Graduate Students who need to come up here too", I started looking around to see who he was speaking of when my friend sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "that would be YOU!"

Oh, Yeah... That IS me!  I don't know how I forgot considering I spent 4 hours Saturday night reading from "Introduction to Biblical Interpretation", my textbook for my Biblical Hermeneutics class which starts next week, but I did forget.  I was seriously looking around to see who was going to Graduate School.  I guess it still hasn't really hit me that I am going back to school.

I am still a little short on my funding for the first semester, but I am 100% confident that God will provide.  He has thus far, I have no reason to doubt that He will continue.

If you would like to read more about my schooling adventure, or if God is leading you to contribute you can find instructions for donating online as well as by directly sending funds to MVNU (Mount Vernon Nazarene University) on my other blog Paul's Ramblings.

I know this is my "quilting blog", and there has been very little quilting lately, but that will change soon.  Once I have settled into a new routine in a new environment (hint, hint...) I will be able to get back to sewing on a more regular basis.

And I will definitely be sewing this weekend, as my daughter needs a new Dance Bag.  She signed up for 3 dance classes this year and she needs a bigger bag to carry all of her gear.  We could have bought one, but she actually asked if I would make one for her.  Well, how long do you think it took me to say "YES, I'll make one for you!"?  So Friday night we're off to the LQS to pick out some fabric and then I'll be spending a few hours at the sewing machine!  Woo Hoo!  I can't wait!

Until Next Time,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and welcome feedback of every kind. I read and try to respond to every comment.

Unfortunately, there are yahoos out there who make it cumbersome to allow anonymous comments. Every time I have tried to open up my blog to anonymous comments I get SPAM entries and once it starts, I start receiving 1 or 2 per hour within only a few days.

So, if you want to comment, please use Google ID or OpenID, or WindowsID, all are free.... OR send me an email and I will post your comment myself.

Thanks for leaving a comment!!
Paul