Friday, April 6, 2012

Thursday Quilt Night Returns

WELL, Last night, I returned to my quilty ways for a Thursday evening...

A friend of mine is having a baby, so I decided to make her a baby quilt.

I decided to do a very simple checkerboard design (because I could start and finish the top in one night), sat down, did some math and headed to the store to buy some fabric. 

So, there I was last night cutting, sewing, cutting, sewing, watching the DVR the entire time, when I suddenly realize that I have sewn an ENORMOUS number of 4 inch finished squares!!  So many, that I decided to count and I quickly realize that unbeknownst to me, I had inadvertently doubled my math and purchased twice as much fabric as I needed.  And since I didn't even notice until I had finished cutting and sewing the squares into rows, I now have a two night project to complete TWO baby blankets!

Oh, well, I guess I'll have an extra baby blanket... Maybe I'll put it up on the Etsy shop...

I did remember to take a few photos though...

My fabric selection.  The print and the Batiks will be checkerboarded
with the stripe being the binding and the solid tan will be the backing.

 
My Batiks, cut into 4.5" x 18" pieces, ready to be sewn
to similar piece of print

Here's the Zoo animals, all cut up and ready to piece!

CHAIN PIECING!!!

MORE CHAIN PIECING!!
 Next sew time will be spent pressing those bad boys so I can begin joining rows...

And last night for dinner, I exercised my other creative outlet...

PORK LOIN
Cooked in Olive Oil, then I tossed in some Diced Peppers, Onions and Tomatos


Whole Wheat Spaghetti Pasta with a Basil Pesto

DINNER...
And very few calories to boot!

Thanks for stopping by,  Hope to see you all again soon,
Paul


3 comments:

  1. I did the double calculation thing cutting strips on the picnic quilt I just finished. I have so many strips left over!
    That will be a fun baby quilt!
    Dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner looks yummy...and well....I can not tell you the times I have miss calculated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sounds like leftovers worth having. :) Dinner looks great too!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and welcome feedback of every kind. I read and try to respond to every comment.

Unfortunately, there are yahoos out there who make it cumbersome to allow anonymous comments. Every time I have tried to open up my blog to anonymous comments I get SPAM entries and once it starts, I start receiving 1 or 2 per hour within only a few days.

So, if you want to comment, please use Google ID or OpenID, or WindowsID, all are free.... OR send me an email and I will post your comment myself.

Thanks for leaving a comment!!
Paul