Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back to Quilting soon...

Well, as I suspected when I posted last, I didn't get much sewing done over the weekend.  In fact, I didn't get any sewing done over the weekend.

I did however get to see Jonathon's choir perform their Spring concert. 

This choir started seven years ago, and each year as Seniors perform in their final concert, they are highlighted in a song.  One of the young men in the choir, Kyle, is an extremely talented musician and when asked if he would do a Senior Highlight, he agreed.  But, he did not want to sing, he wanted to play.  His highlight is in the video below... Before you click play, it is impressive to know that Kyle not only plays the accompaniment to the choir's piece, but he wrote it.

Kyle will be studying music at the University of Cincinnati next year.
Thank You Kyle for sharing your musical talent with us...

Back to Quilting tomorrow!

And on a completely different note... I did it!!

My first presentable Pony Tail!!
My wife had to take my son to the orthodontist so I had to get Chyenne off to school.  Normally I would just have her wear a hair band to keep her hair out of her eyes, but it's raining and she really wanted a pony tail.  So, I tried and WOO HOO... It worked!!

Next comes braiding...

Hopefully, I'll get to sew something tonight...
Until Next Time,

Paul

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paul. Enjoyed your video of your son, Kyle, he is indeed a talented lad! And your ponytail ? Fantastic!
    I was interested to read your son visits the orthodontists. My 13 year old has braces and my 10 year old has a palate expander in place just now. I was so stressed about it all a couple of months back but I know it will all be worth it.
    Hope you get back to your quilting real soon - you must have withdrawls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post.....you have such a talented son.....and did a fantastic job on the pony tail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a talented young man Kyle is. I thoroughly enjoyed the video. And what a guy "you" are. Hands down your better at hair than I am. Mom of 2 boys, I have no idea how these girls make heads or tail of hair!! While it was not in my era, but crew cuts were the rage for the most part when my boys grew up!! :-) I always thought it was because of me, and my lack of talent!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some mad ponytail-making skills! Nice to meet you, Paul.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and welcome feedback of every kind. I read and try to respond to every comment.

Unfortunately, there are yahoos out there who make it cumbersome to allow anonymous comments. Every time I have tried to open up my blog to anonymous comments I get SPAM entries and once it starts, I start receiving 1 or 2 per hour within only a few days.

So, if you want to comment, please use Google ID or OpenID, or WindowsID, all are free.... OR send me an email and I will post your comment myself.

Thanks for leaving a comment!!
Paul